4 days on 4 days off
Monthly – Permanent
Hours: 12 hour shifts , 4 on 4 off (4 days and 4 nights)
Role Introduction: As an essential member of the Engineering team you will maintain all production plant to run at optimum performance & quality efficiency. You will run P.P.M. schedules; respond effectively to all breakdown situations; maintain adequate spares and stock control; record faults & job traceability via reporting process and ensure adequate engineering cover is available when production is running. You will be expected to maintain legislative and Fenmarc safety, hygiene and production standards.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensure all Elm assets are maintained in a professional manner at all times
- Ensure a quick and satisfactory customer service to all internal and external customers
- Liaise appropriately with the Maintenance Leader on all Engineering issues
- Make sure all Engineering stock records are up to date and accurate
- Complete PPM schedules in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure all Engineering logs and maintenance records are kept up to date.
- Continually seek to improve plant reliability
- Ensure full compliance with all appropriate standards and legislation
- Ensuring route cause analysis is used when fault finding to minimize repeat breakdowns.
- Continually create a positive working relationship with all colleagues within the Operations department Production and Manufacturing.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Multi – skilled Engineer with Experience within the food industry
- Electrically biased.
- Nationally recognised levels of competence in the maintenance of Packing Machinery, Cold storage facilities, Pumping Systems, Etc. to suit the needs of our business.
- High level of ability to diagnose and repair faults to an excellent standard
- Qualifications – C&G 2330 or equivalent, 16th edition IEE regulations. City and Guilds as a minimum requirement
- A general understanding of PLC control systems as used within Fenmarc equipment.
- Electrical competence in the safe diagnosis and repair of faults within motors, control systems and lighting systems to a basic level.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative and independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Computer literate (Microsoft package)
- The ability to interface with PLC’s to determine and repair control system faults
- 17th Edition IEE Regulation qualified
- Working within a CI environment
Job Type: Full-time