4 on days, 4 on nights
4 days and 4 nights shift pattern. 06.00hrs – 18.00hrs & 18.00hrs – 06.00hrs. Flexibility required.
As an essential member of the Engineering team you will assist the Engineering Team to maintain all production plant to run at optimum performance & quality efficiency. Carry out PPM’s as and when scheduled; maintain adequate spares and stock control; record faults & job traceability via reporting process. You will be expected to maintain legislative and Fenmarc safety, hygiene and production standards.
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Ensure all Elm assets are re-built after hygiene in a professional manner always.
· Ensure a quick and satisfactory customer service to all internal and external customers.
· Liaise appropriately with the Engineering Shift Leader on all Engineering issues.
· Make sure all Engineering blade & belt changes are carried out in a timely efficient manner once appropriate training as been completed.
· Complete PPM schedules where applicable in a timely and accurate manner
· Provide support to the maintenance Engineers.
• Continually seek to improve plant reliability
• Ensure full compliance with all appropriate standards and legislation
• Ensure all mechanical assemblies are done in a timely and efficient manner.
• Continually create a positive working relationship with all colleagues within the Operations department Production and Manufacturing.
Essential Skills and Experience
· NVQ in an Engineering discipline
· Knowledge of operation of machinery
· Knowledge of using basic hand and power tools
· Engineering aptitude
· Basic mechanical fitting
· Experience of working in an engineering environment
· Attention to detail, conscientious and reliable
· Willingness to learn new skills and enhance present skills
· BTEC Level 1-3 in Engineering
· Knowledge of machine assembly incorporating fitting and calibration
· Fabrication, welding and metal cutting abilities
· Worked on preventive maintenance
· Working in a Food Manufacturing environment, or similar