We’re looking for fantastic colleagues to help us be the best at putting convenient veg on every plate.
Our company is built on people. We’re a family, and investing in our people is fundamental to our success. We go beyond expectations to ensure we recruit, retain, reward and develop the most engaged people in the industry.
We can offer a fresh start in a great place, working in one of the most modern facilities in the area.
purpose of the role
Ensures the site fully adheres to legislative requirements; customer specifications, expectations, policies and procedures; BRC protocol, and industry guidelines, producing safe and legal products.
Ensures systems are in place to provide a comprehensive and robust due diligence defense, with full, transparent traceability, implementing industry best practice
To lead and continually evolve the Technical & Quality function on site, developing the QA team and promoting a culture leading to technical and quality excellence
what you’ll be doing
- To maintain, uphold and ensure full adherence and understanding of the Quality Management & HACCP Systems on site.
- To be the key contact for BRC and customer audits ensuring all standards are implemented and an audit ready status is maintained. Develop corrective and preventative actions following internal and 3rd party audits.
- To keep abreast, from all relevant bodies, of industry updates, information, advice, recommendations, legislative changes etc. and ensure full compliance in all policies, procedures, documents and records on site.
- To take an active role in the leadership of the QA team, ensuring that all routine/scheduled operations and responsibilities are undertaken; manage staff levels and absenteeism. Regular 1:1 meetings should be held with all direct reports along with an annual appraisal where personal development plans and training requirements can be discussed
- To implement and monitor Technical and Quality KPI’s including but not limited to, Complaints, Micro (Product and Environmental), Shelf life, Pesticide residue analysis, and Pest control.
- To contribute to and be actively involved with new product/process development and innovation projects, ensuring that technical responsibilities within this are undertaken in full.
- To develop Technical Improvement Plans both internally and with our key suppliers, sharing the details and results with customer as appropriate
- HACCP level 3
- Food safety level 3
- Full driving license
knowledge and experience
- Working in produce/prepared/chilled foods, or agricultural/horticultural sector knowledge
- An understanding of BRC and customer standards
- Good understanding of Office applications e.g. Excel, PowerPoint and Word
skills and attributes
- Influencing and communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Analytical and organised
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of opportunities
- the opportunity to lead and grow our customer accounts by implementing and demonstrating best practice
- to work with cross functional teams across the business to deliver improvements
- a strong team atmosphere and broad business impact
- as well as a competitive rewards package including:
- Life insurance
- Personal accident cover
- Hotel discounts
- Shopping discounts
- EV charging
- Flexible working
- Company car (salary sacrifice)
- Private health care (salary sacrifice
monday-friday, 08:30 – 17:00
The people at fenmarc are amazing, we all have the same drive and know we can count on each other to get the job done.Dagmara, Machine Minder