Website Fenmarc Produce Fenmarc Produce
4 on 4 off – Days and Nights
Salaried – Competitive
Job description and key responsibilities
Responsible for ensuring that the facilities, layout and machinery used to produce new and existing goods run to their maximum efficiency and output. This includes minimising potential breakdowns of mechanical, electrical and other specific equipment (including software programming).
- To supervise and lead the day to day running of the engineering department.
- To provide support to all other departments within the business as an engineering specialist.
- To organise work tasks for the shift teams in line with business needs.
- Working with the Head of Engineering and the Engineering Maintenance Supervisor, ensure the engineering team members are trained and have the skills to be effective in their roles.
- Be flexible to support the 24/7 operation of the site.
- Work with contractors to support the site and operations.
- Be aware of working within the set engineering budget.
- Other duties as agreed with the Engineering Maintenance Supervisor or Head of Engineering.
Lead the shift Maintenance team in providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure. Responsible for overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out. Maintain the site operational effectiveness, project delivery, mean time between failure and downtime reduction. Help implement improvement plans, driving Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to. Lead the shift team on technical best practice working to standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring the members of the team. Lead by example to ensure continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals are adhered to by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.