4 on 4 off, 6am - 6pm/6pm - 6am | Competitive Salaried
Shift – Monday – Friday 4 on 4 off – 6-6 days and nights
Salary – £41,297
Location – Elm, Wisbech
Contract Type – Permanent
A fantastic opportunity for an Multi Skilled Engineer has arisen at our food manufacturing facility in Elm, Wisbech.
We are looking for fantastic colleagues to join our mission to be the leader in our industry. We can offer a fresh start in one of the most modern food manufacturing facilities in the area.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for ensuring that the facilities, layout and machinery used to produce new and existing goods run to their maximum efficiency and output. This includes minimising potential breakdowns of mechanical, electrical and other specific equipment (including software programming)
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Support the business by providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure. Carry out all duties in a timely and responsible manner. Maintain the site operational effectiveness, project delivery, mean time between failure and downtime reduction. Help implement improvement plans, driving Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to. Follow best practice working to standard policies and procedures whilst also supporting the other members of the team. Lead by example to ensure continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals are adhered to by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
Ideal Candidate –
- Multi – skilled Engineer with Experience within the food industry
- Electrically biased.
- Nationally recognised levels of competence in the maintenance of Packing Machinery, Cold storage facilities, Pumping Systems, Etc. to suit the needs of our business.
- High level of ability to diagnose and repair faults to an excellent standard
- Qualifications – C&G 2330 or equivalent, 16th edition IEE regulations. City and Guilds as a minimum requirement
- A general understanding of PLC control systems as used within Fenmarc equipment.
- Electrical competence in the safe diagnosis and repair of faults within motors, control systems and lighting systems to a basic level.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative and independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Computer literate (Microsoft package)
About us & why work for us –
We are one of the largest suppliers of prepared vegetables and stir fry into retailers in the UK.
We are experts in manufacturing and are proud of the investments we have made in our production facility over recent years.
We are excited to continue to develop and expand our teams as we grow and have several exciting job opportunities available across different departments.
We offer progression opportunities and additional training for the right individuals who are willing to learn, as well as a number of additional colleague benefits –
| Full Time Work | Bonus | Life insurance | Uniform | Shopping Discounts | Health Care scheme | Employee Assistance Programmes | Free on-site Parking | Cycle to Work scheme | Training & Development|